New Member Checklist¶
Go through this document and complete or initiate the appropriate steps. Contact Vivek if you have any questions.
- Create accounts:
- Some type of calendar (Google calendar or Outlook)
- Some type of reference manager. Common choices are Zotero and Paperpile. Vivek uses Paperpile and can share papers within the group, but any reference manager will be fine. Zotero is free, but the lab can pay for a Paperpile account if preferred.
- Get added to group-wide resources by contacting Vivek once you've established accounts:
- Github organization (srikrishnan-lab)
- Slack workspace
- Hopper Cluster
- Add your information to the group website using a pull request:
- Photo (upload to /assets/img/members)
- Website entry (in _data/people.yml):
- Bio/Research interests
- Contact and social media info
- Start reading the onboarding papers.
- Meet with Vivek and get access to Riley-Robb and the lab's space.
Last update: June 26, 2023